Business intelligence Solution for One of the largest Healthcare Unit in America
The Client is an integrated managed care consortium, based in Oakland, California, United States, having 8.6 million health-plan members, 153,000 employees, 13,000 physicians, 37 hospitals and medical centers, 431 medical offices, and $31.1 billion in annual operating revenues (Oldenburg, 2008).
The Client is looking for an Asset Self Service Reporting and Tracking Dashboard that provides insights on the assets based on the Asset Life Cycle. Asset are classified into various phases and the management currently does not have a process in place where they get to know the assets they have procured and the assets they need. Because of the absence of such a reporting tool management has to depend on information collected from employees of the IT department. The process of collecting this information is time consuming and eats into the productivity of the employees.
We at Volga Infotech decided to use the Microsoft BI stack to transform data into actionable information, provide better data stewardship, and offer more robust self-service options to end users. The idea was to build reports on top of data stored in the datawarehouse rather than having them stored locally so that it will be easier to build reports which can be available and accessible to top management at all times.
By delivering information quickly to the people who need it most to perform important tasks like:
- Process and policy adherence
- Process improvement and efficiency (pre provisioning…)
- Transparency into infrastructure use
- Application and Infrastructure consolidation / optimization
- IT asset view by Region, BIOs, Natures, Vendors.
- Secure handling of asset Decommission and Disposal
- Lease accounting and contracts
- Refresh planning for new technology
- Asset reuse and allocation
- Invoice reconciliation
- HW/SW Life Cycle Management
- Analytic & Investment Governance
- Software License management and compliance
|Microsoft Business Intelligence||SSIS, SSAS|